The Fisherman’s Bastion was designed by architect Frigyes Sculek and built between 1895 and 1902. It was built at the site of an old rampart that during the Middle Ages was defended by a guild of fisherman, who lived nearby. Thus the name of the bastion. It’s made up of seven towers, symbolizing the seven Magyar tribes that in 896 settled in the area now known as Hungary. It’s located in the Castle district in Budapest.